Monday, May 14, 2018
- On Monday, Mayor Bowser will hold a community walk in the Petworth neighborhood of Ward 4.
- On Tuesday, Mayor Bowser will announce the two childcare provider operators, who will offer additional seats for childcare services at the University of the District of Columbia (UDC) and at the Deanwood Recreation Center.
- On Wednesday, Mayor Bowser will attend a status hearing before the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia to show her support for the reforms of the Child and Family Services Agency (CFSA) and her commitment to ensuring CFSA exits the LaShawn lawsuit.
- On Thursday, Mayor Bowser will attend the groundbreaking for Bread for the City’s new Southeast Center on Good Hope Road, which includes a new clinic East of the River and a jobs center. Later, the Mayor will participate in the DC stop on the nationwide Tech Jobs Tour, a year-long tour of 50 U.S. cities with the goal of filling 100,000 jobs from those with diverse and non-traditional backgrounds hired in tech. Later, Mayor Bowser will attend the District of Columbia Building Industry Association Awards.
- On Friday, Mayor Bowser will celebrate the Business Improvement Districts (BID) annual Bike to Work Day pit stop on Freedom Plaza, the District’s largest bike to work day pit stop
- On Saturday, Mayor Bowser will join the DC Bike Ride by Care First and EventsDC to celebrate and encourage bicycling in Washington, DC. Later, the Mayor will attend the dedication of the So Others Might Eat (SOME) Conway Center in Ward 7, which will offer homeless and low-income women, children and men safe, affordable housing, job training and health care, all in one place.
- On Sunday, Mayor Bowser will travel to Las Vegas for the annual ICSC Global Retail Real Estate Convention to mark the District’s 20th year of participation.