Monday, January 13, 2020
- On Monday, Mayor Bowser will celebrate small businesses awarded 2020 Great Streets grants, which support local entrepreneurs, create new job opportunities for DC residents, and grow business corridors in neighborhoods across all eight wards. That evening, the Mayor will release her 2020 Accountability Report, a comprehensive look at her Administration’s priorities for 2020 and beyond.
- On Tuesday, Mayor Bowser will attend the funeral services for Todd Lee, the late Executive Director and CEO of the District of Columbia Housing Finance Agency. Later, the Mayor will meet with Park Won-soon, Mayor of Seoul, South Korea as part of her efforts to foster stronger relationships with cities across the world.
- On Wednesday, Mayor Bowser will lead a community walk in Ward 3 and meet with local small business owners.
- On Thursday, Mayor Bowser will hold a press conference to make several transportation announcements to support the District’s Vision Zero initiative. That evening, the Mayor will provide welcoming remarks at Zeta Phi Beta Sorority’s Centennial Week celebration at the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture.
- On Friday, Mayor Bowser and DC housing leaders will host a New Year, New Housing event to outline her Administration’s efforts and strategies to advance the District’s #36000by2025 housing goals.
- On Monday, January 20, Mayor Bowser will kick off Martin Luther King Jr. Day by delivering remarks at the National Action Network’s 2020 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day Breakfast. Later, the Mayor will lead the District’s Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday Peace Walk and Parade, starting at Anacostia Park on Good Hope Road, SE.