Monday, February 3, 2020
- On Monday, Mayor Bowser will unveil the DC Public Schools Pocket Guide, a new tool to assist students, parents, guardians, and staff to discuss school-based budgeting. This announcement kicks off Fair Shot February, a series of engagements ahead of the Fiscal Year 2021 Budget Presentation in March.
- On Tuesday, Mayor Bowser will attend the 2020 State of the Union address at the invitation of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
- On Wednesday, Mayor Bowser will break ground on a new 22,000 square foot Southwest Library. The $18 million project includes the addition of a community meeting space, conference rooms, and an Innovation Lab with 3-D printers.
- On Thursday, Mayor Bowser will participate in a Policy Forum hosted by the National Association of Realtors to discuss her Administration’s investments to produce more affordable homes in neighborhoods across the District and to preserve existing affordable housing.
- On Friday, Mayor Bowser will welcome the XFL’s DC Defenders as the newest team to the District of Champions, as it prepares to host its first home game at Audi Field. Later, the Mayor will join the Council for its annual Black History Month program. That evening, the Mayor will engage DC seniors at Ingleside Apartments as part of its Friday Lecture series.
- On Saturday, Mayor Bowser will join residents for her “Continuing Conversations on Housing” series to outline her goals to create 36,000 new homes by 2025 and advance housing equity.