Sunday, December 2, 2018
- On Monday, Mayor Bowser will attend the swearing-in ceremony for Prince George’s County Executive-elect Angela Alsobrooks. As Former President George H.W. Bush will lie in state in the US Capitol, Mayor Bowser will honor his passing, legacy, and service to our country at the arrival ceremony.
- On Tuesday, Mayor Bowser will attend the DC Vote Gala, which recognizes individuals, companies, and organizations for their dedication to fulfilling the promise of democracy.
- On Wednesday, Mayor Bowser will swear in over 100 Mayoral Appointments for Boards and Commissions and celebrate with their guests at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. After, the Mayor will attend the 2018 Lighting the Way Gala at the French Embassy to highlight issues affecting the blind community. Following the gala, Mayor Bowser will attend the Annual Ward 6 Brickie Awards.
- On Thursday, Mayor Bowser will celebrate the grand opening of the Courtyard by Marriott and The Residence Inn. Later, the Mayor will join community leaders at the ANC Holiday Reception in the John A. Wilson Building.
- On Saturday, Mayor Bowser will accompany District families at EdFEST, DC’s annual citywide public school fair designed to provide students and families with direct access to the District’s public school options (PK3 – grade 12) in advance of the lottery application season, which opens Monday, December 10 for the 2019-20 school year. After, the Mayor will attend the 18th Annual Ward 4 Holiday Party and New Coat Drive to collect coats for Ward 4 students in need.
- Sunday, Mayor Bowser will attend the Sixteenth Street Heights Civic Association Annual Holiday Party.