(Washington, DC) – Today, Mayor Muriel Bowser announced the leadership of the ReOpen DC Advisory Group, which will develop recommendations on reopening the District safely and sustainably through a plan based in science and tailored to the needs of the community.
The Advisory Group will deliver a ReOpenDC Plan to the Mayor that:
- Proposes how to ReOpenDC toward its values and priorities;
- Recommends deployment of the best approaches and innovations from DC residents, and from around country and globe;
- Proposes a phased reopening with mitigation guidelines by sector to ensure a safe and responsive process.
The Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security will advise the Reopen DC Advisory Group. The Advisory Group will have 12 committees whose work will be guided by the Center’s report, “Public Health Principles for a Phased Reopening During COVID-19: Guidance for Governors.”
Residents and businesses are encouraged to provide feedback and will be able to participate in a virtual town hall and survey.
A full list of the ReOpen DC Advisory Group’s leadership is below:
ReOpen DC Advisory Group Chairpersons
ReOpen DC Advisory Group Co-Chairpersons
- Chief Financial Officer Jeffrey DeWitt
- Mayor Adrian M. Fenty
- Former Assistant Secretary Nicole Lurie
- Council Chairman Phil Mendelson
- Senior Advisor Beverly L. Perry
- Mayor Anthony A. Williams
ReOpen DC Advisory Group Committees
- Equity, Disparity Reduction, Vulnerable Populations
- Public Health Innovation and Workforce
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Open Spaces and Recreation
- Education and Childcare
- Government Operations, Public Safety, and Criminal Justice
- Faith, Arts, Culture, Hotels, Entertainment and Sports
- Restaurants and Food Retailers
- Retail and Small Business
- Human Services, Social Services, and Health
- Real Estate and Construction
For more information, visit coronavirus.dc.gov/reopendc.