Office of the Attorney General
Formerly named Office of the Corporation Counsel (OCC), the Office of the Attorney General conducts all law business for the District and handles all suits made by and against the government including state, local, and county matters, and the child support program.
DC Public Schools
Provides quality education, ensures a safe and secure learning environment, and provides support services to DC school children.
Office of the Chief Financial Officer
Prepares the city's annual budget; borrows on behalf of the District; collects receipts, payments, and transactions for the District, invests the city's funds; administers and enforces tax laws; and produces the audited statements for the city's financial condition.
Office of the Inspector General
The Office of the Inspector General is an independent agency. OIG conducts audits and investigations of District government programs and departments to deter waste, fraud, abuse, and mismanagement.
- Office of the Chief of Staff
Provides leadership, strategic direction, and policy guidance to the Executive Office of the Mayor, Deputy Mayors, agencies, and citizens so that the District can strengthen children, youth, families and individuals; builds and sustains healthy neighborhoods; promotes economic development; makes government work; and enhances unity of purpose and democracy.
- Office of Budget and Finance
- Office of the Secretary
The Office of the Secretary provides protocol, authentication and public records management services to the Mayor and District government agencies.
- Office of the General Counsel
Serves as principal legal advisor to the Mayor; reviews and evaluates all significant legal and policy initiatives and settlement proposals; designs and implements legal strategies for the termination of court imposed intervention into District operations; and coordinates legal, policy, and operational initiatives related to compliance with court orders and the transition from court intervention to government control.
Office of the City Administrator
Provides oversight and support to the Deputy Mayors and increases government effectiveness with cross-agency and targeted improvement initiatives, including the integration of strategic policy priorities, budgetary constraints, and operational directives.
- Office of the Deputy City Administrator
- Office of the Deputy Mayor for Education dme.dc.gov
- Office of the Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services dmhhs.dc.gov
- Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development dmped.dc.gov
- Office of the Deputy Mayor for Operations and Infrastructure dmoi.dc.gov
- Child and Family Services Agency cfsa.dc.gov
- Commission on Arts and Humanities dcarts.dc.gov
- DC Public Schools dcps.dc.gov
- Department of Behavioral Health dbh.dc.gov
- Department of Buildings dob.dc.gov
- Department of Corrections doc.dc.gov
- Department of Disability Services dds.dc.gov
- Department of Employment Services does.dc.gov
- Department of the Environment ddoe.dc.gov
- Department of For-Hire Vehicles dfhv.dc.gov
- Department of General Services dgs.dc.gov
- Department of Health dchealth.dc.gov
- Department of Health Care Finance dhcf.dc.gov
- Department of Housing and Community Development dhcd.dc.gov
- Department of Human Resources dchr.dc.gov
- Department of Human Services dhs.dc.gov
- Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking disb.dc.gov
- Department of Licensing and Consumer Protection dlcp.dc.gov
- Department of Motor Vehicles dmv.dc.gov
- Department of Parks and Recreation dpr.dc.gov
- Department of Public Works dpw.dc.gov
- Department of Small and Local Business Development dslbd.dc.gov
- Department of Transportation ddot.dc.gov
- Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services dyrs.dc.gov
- Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department fems.dc.gov
- Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency hsema.dc.gov
- Justice Grants Administration jga.oca.dc.gov
- Metropolitan Police Department mpdc.dc.gov
- Office of Aging dcoa.dc.gov
- Office of Chief Medical Examiner ocme.dc.gov
- Office of the Chief Technology Officer octo.dc.gov
- Office of Contracts and Procurement ocp.dc.gov
- Office of Disability Rights odr.dc.gov
- Office of Human Rights ohr.dc.gov
- Office of Motion Picture and Television Development film.dc.gov
- Office of Planning planning.dc.gov
- Office of the State Superintendent of Education osse.dc.gov
- Office of Tenant Advocate ota.dc.gov
- Office of Risk Management orm.dc.gov
- Office of Unified Communications ouc.dc.gov