Office of the Attorney General
Formerly named Office of the Corporation Counsel (OCC), the Office of the Attorney General conducts all law business for the District and handles all suits made by and against the government including state, local, and county matters, and the child support program.
DC Public Schools
Provides quality education, ensures a safe and secure learning environment, and provides support services to DC school children.
Office of the Chief Financial Officer
Prepares the city's annual budget; borrows on behalf of the District; collects receipts, payments, and transactions for the District, invests the city's funds; administers and enforces tax laws; and produces the audited statements for the city's financial condition.
Office of the Inspector General
The Office of the Inspector General is an independent agency. OIG conducts audits and investigations of District government programs and departments to deter waste, fraud, abuse, and mismanagement.
Office of the Chief of Staff
Provides leadership, strategic direction, and policy guidance to the Executive Office of the Mayor, Deputy Mayors, agencies, and citizens so that the District can strengthen children, youth, families and individuals; build and sustain healthy neighborhoods; promote economic development; make government work; and enhance unity of purpose and democracy.
- Office of Budget and Finance
Office of the Secretary
The Office of the Secretary provides protocol, authentication and public records management services to the Mayor and District government agencies.
Office of the General Counsel
Serves as principal legal advisor to the Mayor; reviews and evaluates all significant legal and policy initiatives and settlement proposals; designs and implements legal strategies for the termination of court imposed intervention into District operations; and coordinates legal, policy, and operational initiatives related to compliance with court orders and the transition from court intervention to government control.
Office of the City Administrator
Provides oversight and support to the Deputy Mayors and increases government effectiveness with cross-agency and targeted improvement initiatives, including the integration of strategic policy priorities, budgetary constraints, and operational directives. capstat.oca.dc.gov
- Office of the Deputy Mayor for Education dme.dc.gov
Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development
- Department of General Services dgs.dc.gov
- Department of Employment Services does.dc.gov
- Department of Housing and Community Development dhcd.dc.gov
- Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs dcra.dc.gov
- Office of Tenant Advocate ota.dc.gov
- Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking disb.dc.gov
- Department of Small and Local Business Development dslbd.dc.gov
- Office of Motion Picture and Television Development film.dc.gov
- Office of Planning planning.dc.gov
- Commission on Arts and Humanities dcarts.dc.gov
Office of the Deputy Mayor for Public Safety and Justice
- Metropolitan Police Department mpdc.dc.gov
- Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department fems.dc.gov
- Office of United Communications ouc.dc.gov
- Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency hsema.dc.gov
- Department of Corrections doc.dc.gov
- Office of Chief Medical Examiner ocme.dc.gov
- Justice Grants Administration jga.oca.dc.gov
Office of the Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services
- Department of Health doh.dc.gov
- Department of Human Services dhs.dc.gov
- Child and Family Services Agency cfsa.dc.gov
- Department of Disability Services dds.dc.gov
- Office of Disability Rights odr.dc.gov
- Department of Mental Health dmh.dc.gov
- Department of Health Care Finance dhcf.dc.gov
- Office of Aging dcoa.dc.gov
- Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services dyrs.dc.gov
- Department of Parks and Recreation dpr.dc.gov
- Department of the Environment ddoe.dc.gov
- Department of Human Resources dchr.dc.gov
- Department of Motor Vehicles dmv.dc.gov
- Department of Public Works dpw.dc.gov
- Department of Transportation ddot.dc.gov
- Office of Risk Management orm.dc.gov
- Office of Human Rights ohr.dc.gov
- Office of the Chief Technology Officer octo.dc.gov
- Office of Contracts and Procurement ocp.dc.gov
- DC Taxicab Commission dctaxi.dc.gov